Help me make more free map sets. Support my cartography on Patreon! 8-BIT DUNGEON: Retro-Pixel Fantasy FPRPG Card Game #FreeMapFriday Series on Twitter. New Maps Every Friday! Big Book of Maps for Tabletop Roleplaying Games Hardcover Book Fantasy Virtual Tabletop VTT Maps Cartogprahy Icon Symbol Sets - Over 1000 Assets for Map Making The Perils Of... Geomorphic Map Sets & World Blank Templates Sci-Fi Science Fiction Virtual Tabletop VTT Maps Starship Deckbuilder Kits - Build Your Own Starship Deckplans! Starship Deckplan Maps for Virtual Tabletop VTT Mega Station X - Ultra Massive Mega Maps Planet Portfolios: Space Virtual Tabletop VTT Assets Cosmic Starscapes & Alien Worldscapes Large-Scale Environmental Maps for Virtual Tabletop VTT All Paths to Adventure Titles by Justin Andrew Mason on DriveThruRPG.com Tavern Sign Crafter & Generator

Monday, May 16, 2016

New Feature: Tavern Sign Crafter

With the overwhelmingly positive feedback I received yesterday with the initial release of the Random Tavern Sign Generator, I also received a lot of feedback and feature requests. The most prevalent among those was the request to be able to completely customize a tavern sign in the same style that the random generator is creating.

I knew that update was going to take quite a bit of work, but I agreed that it was 100% a great idea, and promised to get it in whenever I did the next update to the software. Then others requested the same, and I decided that I would get to the update this week if I could. And then I started getting private messages requesting the same... so, I pulled an all-nighter, and built a completely new beta feature into the application.

The Tavern Sign Crafter can be accessed via the "Craft A Custom Sign" button on the Random Tavern Sign Generator, and it provides complete control over most aspects of the tavern signs including: sign shape and style, visibility of the chains, emblem image, emblem position, text, text size, text position, and background hue.

Now folks can not only generate a random tavern sign, but they can design specific ones they want or need. In the near future (in the next few weeks), I will be vastly increasing the size of the emblem library to allow selection from over one hundred different emblems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive